For more childcare hints, see our Nanny Interview Questions
- Publicly tell the children who is in charge when you leave. (Ask them “Who’s the Boss, Applesauce?”)
- Announce bedtimes in front of everyone to limit fibbing and negotiating
- Tell the sitter what kind of discipline you practice and expect
- Be specific about when to call and interrupt you, for crying or just bloodshed?
- Prepare your children. Tell them that when the sitter comes you will give them a kiss and leave. And then do just that. Stalling makes the kids more upset.
- Negotiate the fee up front
- Tell the sitter what time you will be home, and agree which phone (landline, cell) you will call if you are running late
- See the full list of issues to discuss with your Babysitter on the Ultimate Babysitter Emergency Contact List above.
Become a Fan on FaceBook & Follow us on Twitter
to automatically find out when new Lists are published!
© Mama Loves Lists